Supporting additional devices?
What is needed to support additional devices?
#2 Updated by Kevin Frechette about 10 years ago
- baud rate (data rate in bits per second)
- data bits (number of data bits in each character)
- data terminal ready (DTR on or off)
- data threshold (minimum number of characters buffered before we say data is available, normally 1)
- flow control (method to pause and resume the transmission of data)
- maximum value (the maximum value a sample value can have)
- parity (error detection)
- sample interval (the time in seconds in between each sample)
- shut down string (text characters to send to the device on shut down)
- start up string (text characters to send to the device at start up)
- stop bits (number of bits at the end of every character)
- zero value (the value subtracted from all sample values read)
#5 Updated by Kevin Frechette about 8 years ago
There is a utility program included in jAmaSeis installation for this, you need to enter in the device characteristics and it will generate a file that we can add to the distribution.
A screenshot of the program may be found here:
To run the program you can use the following command from the directory containing jAmaseis.jar:
java -cp jAmaseis.jar edu.iris.epo.jamaseis.device.DeviceCreator
It would be best for someone that has the device to test the configuration with this utility to ensure that it works.